I know I've already posted this on our Instagram page, but I thought it would be nice to have a ‘Meet the Maker’ post on the blog as well. Esme + Ivy would not be possible without my little tribe. I manage the designs, the embroidery, some of the sewing and our social media accounts. My lovely Mama, Penny, is a superb seamstress and does the majority of the sewing as I could not possibly manage this all on my own. Then there's my ever patient husband, Patrick, who thankfully works in IT and is excellent at setting up and managing websites. He's also a pretty good babysitter (hehe).
So, here are a few fun facts to introduce you to me:
- My name is Kayleigh, I'm 27 and the mother of two precious girls.
- I was born in Cape Town, S.Africa and we moved to Donegal, Ireland when I was 11. My heart still pines for the mountains.
- I have a BA in Product Design and a diploma in Photography.
- My mother is my best friend and I'm so glad she lives in a granny flat attached to our home.
- I have a fear of bananas 😂 no joke I'm terrified and I hate them.
- I'd love 2 more children (dont tell hubby haha), but due to a traumatic pregnancy with Esmé and a bicornuate uterus we will likely not have any more babies.
A few fun facts from my Mama and fellow seamstress:
- My name is Penelope but I go by Penny most of the time.
- I have two wonderful children, sorry three! Kayleigh being my eldest followed by my son, Luke and a wonderful son-in-law Patrick.
- I have the privilege of being the granny of two gorgeous little girls Ílinn and Esmé.
- I love my early morning visitor who like to start the day with 'Huwo Mimi, you seeping?'.
- I was born and grew up in Cape Town, South Africa.
- I loved surfing when I was a teenager.
Thanks for reading and joining us on this embroidered adventure!